This site was owned by Michael (sic) Tharco in 1875.
John Hector Robertson – 1889
Davies Davies – 1890
William Toms – 1900
James Renshaw – 1924 and occupied as a private dwelling
In 1948 the building was used as a factory for Sunshine Ice cream which later became Crystal
Ice (Central Otago) Ltd and in 1965 it was bought by Gamepackers (NZ) Ltd and used for the processing and packing of fresh fish and
crayfish which were transported from the West Coast via the Haast Pass.
Taken for the Generation of Electricity in 1980. Partially Demolished.