By December 1870 the original school roll had reached 42 and the one room classroom could no longer accommodate the children so plans for a new school were prepared. However due to funding cuts, it was not until the end of 1873 that the contract for the construction of this second school was let to Mr Wm Taylor. The new school was completed in 1874. The two roomed stone building with corrugated iron roof was used until 1913 when it was sold to the Oddfellows’ Lodge.
In 1939 the building was sold to the Cromwell Borough Council who in 1948 sold it to the Cromwell RSA for its clubrooms and by 1984 it was being used as the Arts and Crafts centre.
It was taken for Generation of Electricity in 1988. Partially demolished.